What To Always Have In Your Car
Recently we bought a new car and it occurred to me that for as much time as I spend in the car, it’s probably the least personalized or thoughtful space that I own. For example, I always have trash in the car. Always. But for as many times as I’ve picked up trash and hauled it inside, I’ve never once thought to put a trash can of some sort in the car. (Do they even make trash cans for cars???) My sister keeps wet wipes and paper towels in her car, such a simple and practical idea that I’m ashamed I didn’t think of it as well! Also, one of my friends has the cutest little dream catcher hanging from her rearview mirror and every time I see it I think that it makes the space so much more personal and happy. So, I’ve decided I’m going to try to add some things to the inside of my car to keep it cleaner, more organized, and more personal. Lifehacker suggests that you always have these things ::
- Paper towels or a hand towel
- Tissues or a roll of toilet paper
- Pencil and paper
- Spare change/emergency money
- Recycled shopping bags for those impromptu shopping trips.
- Blanket, which comes in handy not just for keeping warm in emergencies, but also at the park, baseball stadium, etc.
- Change of clothes: also an emergency item, because if you get drenched in rain or snow, it’s no good to sit around like that.
- USB mobile device charger
Also, vacuuming out my car and keeping it rinsed off does wonders for making it a more enjoyable ride. (There’s a carwash in town with a $3 wash and free vacuums. Boom!) But I’m still on the lookout for a way to make my car feel personal and Aanna-ish. Do you have any ideas? What do you do to make your car feel comfortable? Anything that you always carry around in the car that makes your life easier? I’d love to hear!
(Image via Seventy-Nine Ideas)