The Darling Book Launch
It’s been almost exactly five years since I sent out an email asking friends to help me with a little project I was then calling “a big-sister’s guide to your honeymoon night”. That project changed and morphed and grew into something much different, something I could never have even imagined at the beginning.
Darling: A Woman’s Guide to Godly Sexuality launched last Thursday. Logan and I sat together on the couch as he updated the website at midnight, making the book available to the world. It was one of the most exciting moments of my life. I honestly don’t know what I was expecting to happen at that moment, but the next 48 hours were more than I could have hoped for!
Here are some of the awesome things that happened ::
- Darling made its first sale within moments of launching at midnight.
- By Friday morning, Darling was the #1 New Release in its category on Amazon.
- Over a hundred people put DARLING on their Facebook profile pictures and used it as a way to both talk about the book and about God’s great love for them.
- People wrote reviews, shared amazing stories and spoke up about the importance of this book.
- So many people came to the launch party on Friday night that I sold out of books in 45 minutes!
- Within 24 hours, I was receiving emails and texts and DMs from women who had already finished the book, and wanted to share about the things God was doing in their heart because of Darling.
It’s hard for me to put into words, or even process, what all this means to me. I feel so many conflicting emotions—humbled and proud, nervous and excited, surprised and yet not surprised at all that God has done.
And I would love to hear from you all—have you read it yet? If so, what are your thoughts? Any stories of what God has done because of it? Please share them, not just for me, but so that you can encourage other women to start on their own journey of godly sexuality. You can email me at email@example.com or find me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.