Need some motivation to be healthy?
Anyone else out there in some need of some motivation to be healthy? During the month of November I stopped paying attention to what I was eating and almost completely stopped exercising. Granted, I didn’t have much control over my diet and schedule while traveling and during the holidays, but habits are formed quickly…oh, so quickly. So, I figured I’d make a little list of things that might motivate me to get off my tush and start moving, and possibly even start eating better/less as well!
- Tracy Anderson’s workouts are so insanely hard, but this totally makes me want to get better! The workouts are unlike anything I’ve ever done and once I’m over the soreness I find myself going back for more. You can find a couple of her free workouts here, here, and here.
- 60 Healthy Snack Ideas, because who doesn’t need healthy snack ideas?
- I’ve found that yoga is perfect for days when I can’t bear to go outside and run in the cold wind. Here’s a good sequence that will cheer you up in no time :: Mood Boosting Yoga
- Sometimes the best thing is a little change that makes a big difference. I’ve started drinking a glass of lemon water when I wake up, before eating breakfast. This article lists all the benefits of drinking lemon water.
- Have you heard of the iPhone app Seven? It’s a fantastic exercise tool that gives you a total body workout that you can do in seven minutes! I used this exercise routine for an entire month one time and was so much stronger by the end of it.
What about you? What motivates you to make healthy choices? Any good resources out there for fitness or healthy eating? What are some good changes you’ve made recently?
(Image via Arielle Upchurch’s Pinterest)