I’m in Oklahoma this week, taking middle schoolers to CIY Mix with Logan. Youth trips are always exhausting, but so good for building relationships with students. I’m looking forward to getting to know the incoming 6th graders and to spending so much time with my small group of 7th grade girls. I don’t talk about youth ministry on the blog very often, but it’s a big part of our life. Logan and I are passionate about sharing the love of Jesus with kids, and especially love the middle school age, when their brains are just beginning to expand and reach for those big questions.
Anyway, I’m going to take a break from the blog this week, so I wanted to leave you with some of my favorite links ::
- Chokers are having a big comeback this summer and I love this simple gold one.
- I want to eat this salad every day.
- We made a little summer tradition of watching a movie and eating chicken salad every Wednesday night. Last week we saw Spotlight and it was so moving!
- A comprehensive summer reading guide.
- How cute is this woman’s pet fox?
- What a cool apartment.
- I just discovered the children’s clothing line Caramel and am dying. So sweet and old-fashioned and cute!
- Loving this mascara and this lip gloss right now.
- Everlane’s new Beach Bound collection is perfect. I could wear those things and nothing else for the rest of the summer!
Also, the Extra Virgin June newsletter will go out tomorrow, so if you haven’t signed up yet, here’s your chance!
Have a beautiful week!
(Photo via Piccsy)