Favorites :: October
Logan just returned from a nine-day trip to Africa, so we are soaking up time with him before we leave for a quick family reunion in Iowa. Tonight we carved pumpkins, which Valentine had never done before. (!) About five minutes into the whole process she said, “I never want to carve pumpkins again. It’s soooooo gross.”
Do you have any fall traditions? Tomorrow morning I’m driving to Iowa for opening day of pheasant season. Loads of cousins and aunts and uncles are driving in from all over the country. My family has been doing this for as long as I can remember—waking up early to eat homemade donuts, spending hours outside until our noses turn pink, going on the world’s most dangerous hayride, laughing at Uncle Craig’s jokes until our stomachs hurt and, of course, hunting pheasants. I haven’t been there for pheasant season in years and I’m excited to relive such happy memories and to introduce everyone to Llewelyn.
If you’re in a reading mood, here are some links from around the web ::
- Obsessed with these earrings.
- Who’s in Charge of the Christian Blogosphere?
- Registration is open for the 2018 Gospel Coalition Women’s Conference!
- My friend captured the ocean so beautifully.
- This book is on my nightstand.
- Now that’s some porridge!
- This dress. Le sigh.
- The Problem with #MeToo and Viral Outrage. Worth a read.
Have a good weekend, friends. Be sure to check back in next week. I have some big news. :)