Do or Don't? :: Cosmetic Counter Makeover
Last night my sister Ellie and I got babysitters for our kids and then, coffee in hand, went to Macy’s for a couple of makeovers. It all felt very “middle school” at first, letting an old lady show you how to wear makeup, but was actually so much fun! I went to the Estee Lauder counter and showed the woman the picture above. (I’m totally into Brigette Bardot right now…) She gave me all kinds of tips and actually applied my makeup in a way that was very close to the desired effect.
I’m a total makeup dunce, so here were a couple things I learned from the experience ::
- You should use a nylon brush to apply liquid foundation (as opposed to my fingers like I had been doing!)
- Even though I have smallish eyes, I can still put eyeliner on the lower eyelid, as long as I don’t “connect the lines” at the inner corner of my eye
- Nude lipstick is gorgeous
- Expensive skincare products are expensive for a reason :: they’re amazing
- Getting dolled up is as fun as it was in middle school :)
Here’s a picture of the final product. Ellie and I had so much fun together and ended the whole evening with some Thai food and a great movie.
What about you? Have you ever got a makeover at a cosmetics counter? Did you like your experience? Does it seem awkward to ask someone else to apply your makeup?