Do or Don't? :: Hair Color
Oh. My. Gosh. I can never decide. To color or not to color?
- It’s beautiful. Whether you try highlights, ombre or a crazy color, it can have the most gorgeous effect!
- Growing up, my hair was light blonde, and didn’t start to change until adolescence. Because of this, I “feel” blonde and often want my hair color to be more of what it was when I was a child.
- It’s fun to try something new.
- It costs money. Highlights are especially expensive and I have a hard time justifying/finding the cash for the regular upkeep of coloring my hair.
- I lose touch with the “real” me. On a deeper level, I like the idea of being comfortable with my actual hair color and sometimes coloring can become a means of not accepting myself.
- I can’t completely control the outcome of a coloring job and sometimes I end up with a color I don’t like.
It’s been 2 years since I last highlighted my hair, and I’m getting increasingly comfortable with my natural color. I’d like to kind of ride it out as long as I can, just to see what happens. (Will my hair keep getting darker? What will I do when it turns gray?)
What about you? Do you color your hair? If so, what do you like about it? What was a hair color that you loved? Where do you find inspiration for new colors? How do you find the money for the regular upkeep? If you don’t color, why don’t you? What do you like about keeping your natural color?
(Top photo via We Heart It)