Delicious, Easy Weeknight Dinners
The holiday season can be hectic, and I found myself really struggling with meal planning. It seemed like every evening around 5:15 I would either be scraping peanut butter and jelly onto slices of bread or making a quick run to Chicfila. One night I sent out a desperate plea on Facebook for some “delicious, easy dinner ideas” and received so many helpful ideas. I can’t even list all of them, but here are a few to make your weeknight kitchen sesh a little easier ::
From Jen ::
I make this every week. Brandon and I will eat this for dinner one night, then I eat it for breakfast for the next two mornings. It’s so good!
- Mix 1 tbsp. ground ginger with 1 lb. ground pork. Brown in pan. Remove from pan, leaving the fat.
- In the same pan, wilt 1 bunch of kale, ripped into 2 in. pieces, stems removed. Remove from pan.
- Sauté 1 chopped red onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add cubed pineapple (I use 1 whole pineapple, but I’m sure canned and drained pineapple would make this easier). Sauté with the onion until hot, another 3-5 minutes.
- Add pork and kale back to the pan until hot.
From Melanie ::
Melanie had several great ideas, but the one that really stuck out to me was Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. This is a meal I forget about all the time, but it’s so easy and so delicious! I’ve found that the secret to a great grilled cheese is extra low heat and a mixture of olive oil and butter. Mmm…
From Tiffany ::
She recommended this article consisting of 5 Soups for Runners. The Chunky Tomato Beef Stew will definitely be going into the rotation. I cannot emphasize enough how much Logan liked this soup.
From Shannon ::
One thing we have always done is had black bean or refried bean tacos once a week. It’s cheap and a great reminder that a lot of people eat beans instead of meat for dinner. I just heat up black beans and tortillas and serve with sour cream, cheese and salsa. Five minutes!!
Thanks, friends, for the wonderful ideas! You can check out the rest of the post here. I’m really looking forward to trying more recipes from the list. What about you? Any other suggestions for delicious and easy meals?
(Photo via Pinterest)