&Company :: Maple Baked Carrots
I am delighted to share the first recipe of my new collaboration with &Company. Shaylea Brown and Meghan Brossman, the dynamic team behind &Company, have a passion for clean and delicious food, and this month they’ve concocted a mouth-watering dish that could be served as either an appetizer or a side ::
Maple Baked Carrots
- 5-7 regular or rainbow carrots
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp 100% maple syrup
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Chop carrots in half, long ways.
- Toss carrots, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup together and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper on top.
- Bake carrots for 15 min and then add chopped hazelnuts on top and bake for another 10 minutes.
I’m drooling over these carrots and plan on heading out right after Valentine’s nap to pick up the ingredients. I’ve never worked with either hazelnuts or rainbow carrots before, so it’ll be a new adventure in cooking. Also, I’ve noticed that Valentine is more inclined to eat vegetables with they have a new or interesting seasoning, and I can’t imagine that she’ll be able to resist maple syrup. :)
Be sure to check out &Company blog and follow them on Instagram and Twitter for lots of simple and healthy recipes. Their enthusiasm is so contagious that it makes healthy eating seem fun! Let us know if you try out this beautiful dish. Bon Appetit!