&Company :: Rosemary White Beans
Rosemary White Beans with Kale & Garlic
- 1 C dry white beans (soak for 4-6 hours or overnight)
- 2 C kale, roughly chopped
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- 1 T dried rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1/2 t pink salt
- 1 lemon
- Combine soaked beans and 3 C water. Bring to a boil. Cover and turn heat to low. Summer for 1-2 hours, or until soft.
- When beans are nearly done, heat 1 T olive oil over medium heat in a skillet, add garlic halves and rosemary.
- When popping and fragrant, reduce heat to low and add kale and salt. Stir to combine.
- When kale begins to wilt, add the drained, fully cooked beans and the remaining olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Squeeze lemon juice on just before eating!
- If eating as an entree, we recommend serving the beans and kale over a grain. Quinoa and polenta are especially delicious with this dish.
What a tasty and wholesome dish! I think rosemary is amazing—there’s something about the fragrance that feels kind of old world, like you should be eating it under a rose trellis in Tuscany. :) Also, &Company launched their online store this week, with food boxes that you can order for quick and healthy dinners. We tried the Spinach Hummus last weekend and it was so yummy! Plus, Valentine and I had a lot of fun making it together and she thought the rainbow carrots were so cool. Check it out!
P.S. My friends and I had an interesting conversation on Instagram last week about snacking, overeating and the emotional side of eating. Because of that, Jen wrote a fascinating post about how even with a strict and healthy diet, you can still overindulge. Very interesting!