&Company :: Goat Cheese Toast 2 Ways
Another healthy and delicious recipe from &Company this month! This recipe is great when you’re A) in a hurry, or B) tired, and don’t feel like a ton of prep or C) have an irresistible toast craving ::
Goat Cheese Toast, 2 ways
Makes 6 toasts (3 sweet, 3 savory)
- 6 slices Food for Life Gluten Free Bread (we used the rice-pecan variety). Gluten-free bread isn’t something I buy often, mainly because of all of the additives. But Food For Life has a few relatively clean options, free of added sugar, and soy!
- 1 4 oz log plain goat cheese, halved
- Heat oven to 250, toast thawed bread for 10-15 min
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1 t fresh parsley
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes, plus more for topping
- Olive oil for drizzle
- Whip spices into half of the goat cheese log, using a hand mixer, or just a fork will do!
- Spread on to toast and top with tomato slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with more crushed red pepper.
- 1 red Anjou pear
- 1 t cinnamon, plus a dash for topping
- 1+1/2 t honey, plus more for drizzle
- Whip honey and cinnamon into cheese, using same method as above.
- Spread on toast and top with pear slices.
- Drizzle more honey and sprinkle more cinnamon on top.