7 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
I have a renewed zeal to be healthy (I’m joining a gym, y’all!!!) and one of the things I’d like to do is develop some healthy and filling breakfast ideas.
They say that in order to keep your metabolism at a healthy rate, you should eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up, which means it’s best to prepare ahead. Here is a list of healthy breakfast recipes you could make one day and eat off of for the rest of the week ::
- Power Muffins (I make this all the time, but cut the sugar in half and substitute strawberries. So yummy!)
- Andouille Sausage, Kale and Vegetable Root Bake
- Sweet Potato and Caramelized Onion Hash with Baked Eggs
- Peanut Butter Trail Mix Bars
- Kale Salad with Salmon, Pomegranate and Orange Coconut Vinaigrette
- Baked Oatmeal (maybe leave out the chocolate chips :)
- Pumpkin, Sage and Browned-Butter Quick Bread
What about you? What do you eat for breakfast? What healthy breakfast recipes do you use?
(Photo via Martha Stewart)