Hi friends! July has been such a busy, blistering month that part of me is happy for it to be over. But it was filled with wonderful things for me, too. I got to take a quick trip to Iowa to spend some time with my parents. Being from such a big family makes those time alone with my mom and dad so precious and sweet. Then, the next week, we all went back up to Iowa for my brother Jesse’s wedding. He married a wonderful woman and I just felt so happy witnessing their vows as sun streamed through the stain glass windows of the country church. Also, Logan and I have been leading bible studies with middle schoolers every Tuesday and it has been one of the highlights of my summer.
Here’s a little news: I’m taking the month of August off from blogging and from social media to spend some much needed time getting my book in tip top shape and finalizing plans for publication. I’ve taken such a long time on this process, but the end is near and I want to make sure I finish well. I look forward to being back here again in September with all new Extra Virgin posts, new Lifestyle Nutrition interviews and a couple surprises. :)
In the meantime, here are some fun links ::
- Been making this pasta dish for the past eight summers.
- My mom gave me a pair of these sandals and I’m amazed at how comfy and gorgeous they are!
- I watched this while biking at the gym and could barely hold myself up I was laughing so hard.
- Our world is amazing.
- Beautiful summer hat.
- I found this short book to be incredibly clarifying.
- Don’t you just want to spend every last day of summer sitting here?
- After the horrifying events of this last month, I can’t stop thinking about this tweet from the 4th of July. Praying for change in my own heart and in this country.
As always, thank you so much for reading. Much love, Aanna
(Top photo via Anthropologie)